Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The reservation is accepted by Albion Executive Ltd t/a Albion Cars herein referred to as the company, under the following conditions of hire.
• Should a vehicle be detained by the Hirer, or be taken on a longer journey than contracted for, the company reserves the right to make a proportional additional charge.
• The company offer bookings under this agreement to self employed drivers and act as agent on their behalf.
• The company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time and will not be accountable for any loss or inconvenience which may arise from the delay or detention of any vehicle arising from any cause whatsoever.
• Unless stated it should not be assumed that any vehicle will remain at the destination until the time for the returned journey.
• The route used, unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed on route which will be specified on the confirmation letter, will be at the discretion of the company and/or the driver.
• The company reserves the right to supply a larger seater capacity vehicle or a higher grade than that reserved however the cost will remain the same as originally agreed unless the client uses the extra seating or higher grade facilities when a supplement will be charged.
• In the event of any riots, civil commotions, strikes, lockouts or stoppage or restraint of labour from whatever cause or the happening of any event over which the company has no control, the company reserves the right to cancel any order which in the opinion of the company thereby
becomes impossible of performance and to refund to the hirer any deposit paid in full settlement of all claims of the hirer in respect of such cancellation.
• The company reserves the right to sub-contract the journey to an alternative company provided an equal or greater grade/size vehicle is supplied.
• The company reserves the right to supply alternative ancillary facilities reserved provided they are of equal value.
• No admission charges or anything other than Private hire costs are included in the price unless otherwise stated in writing.
• The company will not accept any liability for the damage or loss to any property entering or leaving the vehicle whilst in motion.
• The company shall not be liable to the hirer or any other person for loss or damage suffered by them in their trade, business or profession in consequence of the death of or personal injury to any person with whom the hirer or such person has a contract of employment or a contract for services, whether such death or personal injury be caused by negligence, default or misconduct of the company or their servants or agents or otherwise.
• The company will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given
if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
• The company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of personal property left in vehicles passenger areas or baggage compartments.
• Under regulations made Mid Sussex District Council no passenger in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle may be carried. A child counts as a passenger even if.
• Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried on or consumed upon the vehicle without the express permission of the company in writing.
• The company reserves the right to charge a £75.00 valet fee for a vehicle affected by a passenger being sick.
• The company is strictly a non smoking company. So therefore smoking is not permitted on any vehicle so as to comply with Local Authorities with respect to their contracts and Major Tour Operators and UK Law.
• All terms and conditions are under English Law.
• All bookings by the hirer are accepted by the company subject to the foregoing conditions.
• The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journey or pick up may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for
any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.